Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Blue Goose ~ Day 98


September 6, 2014 ~ Absecon, NJ to Rio Grande, NJ

One more trip around Edwin B. Forsythe NWR.....feeling drawn to its beauty and bounty. I saw the American Avocet again, drove more quickly and didn't take as many photos. There were more people out and about, including a couple of Audubon groups since this was Saturday. And did no see the Hudsonian Godwit, but I will, I will....
American Avocet and Laughing Gulls - Edwin B. Forsythe NWR - NJ

Early afternoon, I headed south to the Cape May area but stopped 10 miles north of the tip of the peninsula in (of all places) Rio Grande, NJ. There were many campgrounds hereabouts, but all were geared toward RVs, families and long stays and were more than I wanted to pay. My Walmart app said the store in Rio Grande would not allow overnight parking. I asked anyway and was told I could park next to the "TLE." I asked what TLE was a couple of times but with my not so acute hearing and her accent I never did figure it out until I drove in the direction she indicated and saw "Tire Lube Express." Ah....

It was still very warm and humid so I parked in the shade, opened the windows and cooled off with a nice breeze coming through, reading and relaxing until I heard thunder with huge dark clouds in the west. The storm eventually did move through, mostly to the north, and I eventually moved to a better place with more people as the TLE lot was empty and dark. I slept fitfully; it rained intermittently, so I had to close the windows and suffered from the closed-in muggy heat. Even with the windows open a tiny bit, the water comes in. And my new place was too well lit. I was grumpy and again wondered about my sanity. But, tomorrow is another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment