Friday, September 26, 2014

Blue Goose ~ Day 118


September 25, 2014 ~ Bowie, MD to Frederick, MD

Wet red leaves were plastered on my windshield this morning. It was still raining and felt like fall with cooler but not cold temperatures. I found a nearby Starbuck's and spent a couple of hours before heading to Silver Spring on the beltway with the combination of rain and five lanes of heavy traffic significantly reducing visibility, AND my gas warning light was on. 

But it all worked out, and I had a delightful lunch with my former roommate catching up on 50 years....spouses, kids, grandkids, retirement, jobs, vacations, trips, mutual friends, current interests books, parents, future plans, memories.... I had only seen her twice in the years since college. 

She gave me easy directions to "get out of town" so to speak, and I stayed in Frederick, MD, eating Chinese where my fortune cookie stated that "You are not one to give up" or something like that. Not that I had serious intentions of doing so, but......

Great Dismal Swamp NWR - VA

No comments:

Post a Comment