Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blue Goose ~ Day 95


September 3, 2014 ~ Hazlet, NJ to Manahawkin, NJ

I dawdled in the motel this morning, having scrambled eggs, toast and coffee in the motel before venturing on down the Parkway. I talked with Faith about the imminent wedding, laughing about her dress stress, my agenda and when I expect to get to Shady Side. I tried at four places to buy a New Jersey map with no success. 

Gas was $3.10 to $3.20, a significant change from the $3.99 I paid in New York. Today I basically just drove about 50 miles on the Parkway and stopped early at a pleasant Walmart with shade in the parking lot in Wareham where I asked and was told it was fine to stay the night. I was keeping a curious eye on a large RV with foreign license plates. For some reason I think it was from Australia.   A single guy appeared to be the only person. A few more smaller vehicles pulled in for the night. I am learning how to choose a store and then a spot. No more marginal Walmart that close at 10 p.m. IN a city. Almost all are on the peripheries. I watched the sky at sunset...all soft blues and pale yellows. 

Ate Chobani and tuna from a can for dinner and read the People magazine article about Angelina and Brad's wedding. 

Saw this a few days ago at the little Audubon Refuge at Oyster Bay - NY

No comments:

Post a Comment