Saturday, June 26, 2010

Puree of Watercress, Mushroom and Potato Soup

What did I do to deserve this? This should be called Penance Soup...penance for spending thousands of dollars eating in restaurants the last 30 years, spending money I could now have to buy a Roadtrek, which is what I want. I don't exactly get this pureed soup deal. Mollie seems to like them, however, and so that's what I fix when these recipes come around.

Leeks, potatoes, mushrooms, garlic and watercress. Well, to begin with the leeks I bought at the Farmer's Market looked wonderful, but had a hard core, like a wooden dowel up the middle of the leek. I trimmed a bit from the sides and used onions for the rest. That was odd...the leek core. And what is watercress? Supposedly, it is a bit "nippy." Hmm....

The color is particularly off-putting. Sort of an angry-looking muddle.

I will eat a bit of it, but certainly not all. In fairness, I think my/most Americans' palates are not used to accepting a bland greenish-grey potage. I would be very discouraged if all her recipes were (IMO) disastrous and less than visually appealing. Maybe, it's me...the color green in a soup just does not entice me; in fact, it makes me walk into another room.

I figure there are about 6 servings and each serving is about 100 calories. That's not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment