Sunday, June 20, 2010

Avocado and Grapefruit on Greens with Grapefruit Vinaigrette

This was wonderful! An elegant, tasty, fresh salad. Maria had given me two avocados which sat on my counter too long and ended up in the wastebasket. (I know, I need to figure out a compost deal...) So, last night, I bought another nice firm avocado. I already had the pink grapefruit and red leaf lettuce. The dressing was oil and vinegar, lemon juice, grated grapefruit rind, fresh ginger and a bit of sugar.

I was getting a bit discouraged as the last several recipes were not exactly exciting or especially tasty, IMO, so, I was ready for a success, and this was it. Now that I have the greens washed, the grapefruits sectioned, the vinaigrette made, the avocado still with pit in the frig and easy to section, I will eat this 3 or 4 more times in the next few days. (Or will the avocado get ucky?)

Delicious....

On to oatmeal cookies. There are two versions: Cinnamon-Raisin-Walnut OR Chocolate-Chocolate Chip. I may make half of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment