Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Book: No Time To Wave Goodbye by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Jacquelyn Mitchard lives in Wisconsin with her husband and 7 children. She looks a bit like Kathy Bates in the jacket photo. I kept thinking this was a Jodi P book and kept returning to the photo, thinking how different she looked from the ringleted gorgeous Jodi. Yes, I know, it's time I start reading more non-fiction. Still, the first half of this book was better than I expected. Then, after the hook was set, it got simplistic and less real. But, by that point, I had to find out what happened. It is a sequel, in a way, to The Deep End of the Ocean, the story of Ben who was kidnapped and who then returned to his family 10 years later. I think that the author could have written a better book if she had continued exploring the dynamics within the family instead of all the improbable stuff that happens in the second half. A good beach book though.

No comments:

Post a Comment