Monday, June 28, 2010

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

There are 2 variations of oatmeal cookies for this recipe. Adam was here so I made the one with chocolate. (The other variation has raisins and walnuts and I will also make those soon.) I didn't think the chocolate-oatmeal cookies would be all that good, but they were! He loved them and so did I and will definitely make them again. I gave some to my landlord, my neighbors, the guy fixing the roof and a big bag to the troops in Kalamazoo. These have 5 or 6 tablespoons of black coffee in addition to a bag of chocolate chips, oatmeal and the usual flour, sugar, etc. I just ate the last one, 5 days later and it still tasted yummy.

I forced myself to eat a big bowlful of the Watercress soup, almost gagging. The watercress adds a bitterness to this already marginal, visually unbecoming soup. I always wonder how a few of these recipes actually were picked for this cookbook. Maybe, I'm missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment