Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Blue Goose ~ Day 77

August 16, 2014 ~ Bangor, ME to Augusta, ME

I intended to work this morning and did for a bit, but then had computer issues. The whole motel was compromised and they were frantically trying to fix it, but never did before I left. I had breakfast, hoping it would get fixed in the interim....no luck. The waiter was a recent high-school graduate, articulate, eager to start college and admittedly very apprehensive. We talked books awhile. Oh my....wouldn't it be fun to be starting college? (knowing, of course, what we know...)

I thought about what to do and where to go next. One option still niggled and that was more of the coast, specifically Mt. Desert Island, but again decided against that and ended up driving two hours to Augusta, ME, where I got lucky with Priceline and stayed in a Marriott at a very good price. I had a second floor room with windows that opened (slightly) and a stable Internet connection. What more could I want....

Had vending machine hummus with crackers, juice and salted peanuts for dinner. Worked and read and slept well.


1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, college days! So exciting to drive up to Dordt College with all my stuff. Couldn't wait for Mom and Dad to be gone :)

    ReplyDelete