Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Blue Goose ~ Day 66


August 5, 2014 ~ Kalamazoo, MI to Adrian, MI

I lingered in Kzoo, working in the morning, having coffee on Ranney Street with Boo and Ginny,  browsing in Barnes and Noble for house plans, finally leaving mid afternoon. 

The first thing I noticed was the sumac foliage changing to colors of fruits: oranges and lemons and limes, peaches and plums and pears, apricots and apples. All the other tree and shrub flora were still green and a backdrop for this lovely early sign of fall, warm and bright in the afternoon sunshine.

At the first shady rest stop, I reorganized and rearranged the van. We had used the cot at the cottage and that had to be set up again, trash collected and disposed of, clothes sorted into clean and dirty, etc. 

I94 was busy with a lot of truck traffic, which I will probably encounter for most of the next several months on the interstates and a big contrast to the open roads of the west. 

I stopped in Adrian, southwest of Detroit, ate Mexican food, read awhile and slept well, again in a Walmart parking lot. (I had bought a box of Rice Krispy treats in the store after dinner, ate one but left the rest in a shady spot under a tree the next morning....like I do NOT need to be munching on stuff like this whenever a bit bored with driving or just the least bit hungry.)

1 comment: