Friday, March 13, 2015

Blue Goose - Day 283


March 6, 2015 ~ Dyersburg, TN to Sikeston, MO

I was ready to hit the road again...which I did late morning. While still very cold, the sun made all the difference and with no precip in the forecast and a slowly warming trend, life was good. I crossed the river again and was back in Missouri. I laughed when I stopped at the Welcome Center and had to gingerly navigate snow and ice just to get into the building.

Since I hadn't left Dyersburg until noon and the lesser roads were still iffy, I opted to stay in Sikeston  where I worked several hours in a room with a view over farm fields, my favorite motel view. Seriously. 
Interstate 55 in Missouri


And seriously, who would imagine a town in Missouri is named after.....

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Braggadocio is an unincorporated community in Pemiscot County, Missouri. It is located eight miles west of Caruthersville. The community was founded in about 1847 and was named for the knight and horse thief Sir Braggadoccio, in Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene.

No comments:

Post a Comment