Friday, February 6, 2015

Blue Goose ~ Day 253

February 4, 2015 ~ Newnan, GA to Gadsden, AL

Another chilly but sunny day of driving and catching up on this blog at two different Starbucks. When I got to Gadsden and pulled into a Walmart parking lot, I just sat there thinking on things, like what to do for supper and how dismal it is these days sleeping in a van in the cold in brightly lit parking lots. A Security vehicle moved by me. I seldom see Security and this was a Walmart that allowed overnighters. (I have an app that tells me this...)

Just over my right shoulder another person was sitting in his/her car and then someone else pulled in right next to me on the left. The parking lot was huge and bare with no tree cover and there were 100 empty parking spaces. So what the heck????

I moved on and away from prying eyes (imaginary or real) and got a motel five miles down the road where I soaked in a tub, cut my hair, washed my clothes, had cheese and crackers for dinner, read while watching a PBS show about vultures in India who do the valuable clean up of cow carcasses. Then in the 1990s most of them died until someone found out they can eat the most disgusting rotten stuff, but diclofenac (an anti-inflammatory) kills them. If they eat from a cow that has EVER had this drug, they die. Weird science.

Along the road in the South....

No comments:

Post a Comment