Sunday, August 22, 2010

Country Bread


I got up Saturday morning and quickly started in. There were still 2 recipes in the current menu that need to be made. This bread is one and the other (which I may make later today) is Cheese-Nut Pate.

It's been very hot and the yeast-knead thing is hard work. I procrastinated but I have no room in this project to skip a recipe or move ahead without making every single soup, salad, bread, dessert, etc. And yeast projects have not been particularly successful for me so far. This time it all went better. The yeast actually foamed up; the kneading was doable early in the morning; and the final product was tasty. Oat flour, rye flour, white flour, sugar, butter, salt... I still cannot imagine doing this regularly though, but perhaps that's because I am not much of a bread or sandwich eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment