Sunday, November 23, 2014

Blue Goose ~ Day 174 - 175

November 17 - 18, 2014 ~ Ft. Bragg, CA
Mendocino , CA

Richard and I spent a day meandering in the area, driving 10 miles south to Mendocino and walking on their spectacular headlands. He showed me the harbor along the Noyo River in Ft Bragg where he kept his salmon boat. I dragged him to the local new Starbucks which he admitted was a cheerful pleasant space. He showed me the house he bid on and which will probably be his home for a year while he rehabs it, and which he chose in part because of the redwoods towering high over the neighborhood.

After a Happy Hour with his landlady, we had an unmemorable and overpriced dinner at a nice restaurant.

Ft. Bragg was larger than I remembered and seems to be transitioning from a fishing, logging community to more of a tourist destination. Why else would Starbucks locate there????

Richard's street in Ft. Bragg


No comments:

Post a Comment