Monday, April 8, 2013

Book: Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die by Willie Nelson

Musings from the Road

A mishmash of recollections, random opinions, song lyrics and testimonials (mostly from his large extended family members).

This from his wife Annie Nelson: "Besides my own father, my husband is one of the funniest people I know, and the very best person I have ever met."

WIllie himself: "For instance, I don't know anybody who is better drunk than sober. You might get by a while but sooner than later it will take you down. I know. I tried it." But he doesn't talk much about his troubles. It's mostly a sweet little book. He likes his home on Hawaii; he likes to play poker; he's proud of his kids; he loves music.

He tells jokes:
"A drunk fell out of second-floor window. A guy came running over and asked, 'What happened?' The drunk said, 'I don't know I just got here.'"

It's that kind of book. You can read it in a night.



No comments:

Post a Comment